It is the first development of its kind, purpose built to accommodate a variety of commercial and domestic uses.
Consisting of 60 residential 1 and 2 bedroom loft style apartments over four buildings and surrounded by landscaped garden breakout areas, as well as shared storage/amenity buildings for the residents, this stunning and unique ‘Pocket Living Precinct’ was designed by DFJ Architects.
Some key project challenges included:
- Construction timeline challenges; overcome by ensuring multiple work fronts operated concurrently.
- Environmental constraints; given the project was located alongside a protected frog habitat, we continually monitored the area and had independent inspections to ensure the habitat remained clean and healthy for the frog colony.
- Bushfire constraints; the buildings were designed and built to satisfy the local bushfire regulations.
- Design challenges; GCB through effective communication and site management, incorporated the design changes mid-construction and delivered a high quality product on time.
- Client: Bayshore Development P/L
- Location: Byron Bay NSW
- Completion: Under Construction
- Architect: Dominic Finlay Jones